Prescribed (clinically-sourced data) and filled (claims-sourced data) medications are included in the Medications tab. To view recent and historical medications, please follow these steps:
1. Log in to MX Access. On the homepage, search for a patient by entering their name or MRN.
Note: You must enter a minimum of the patient’s First Name (at least 2 characters) AND the patient’s Last Name (at least 2 characters) or the patient’s MRN AND Facility. If you choose to enter both the Patient’s Name and the MRN/Facility, the system will default to display the results based on the MRN/Facility.
2. Select the patient of interest and click View Selected Patient Records.
3. In the left-hand toolbar, click Medications.
4. A list of recent and historical medications will be displayed on the screen. This tab includes both filled and prescribed medications. Filled Meds (claims-sourced data) are medications the patient has picked up from the pharmacy. Filled Meds (clinically-sourced data) are medications that were prescribed to the patient. If a medication was prescribed or filled within the last 90 days, it will appear under Recent Medications. Medications older than 90 days will be placed under Historical Medications.
5. By default, All Meds are displayed. However, you can filter the medications by All Meds, Filled Meds, or Prescribed Meds by selecting the radio button on the top right-hand side of the screen.
6. The medications tab includes an Expand button. Medications that have been prescribed or filled multiple times will be grouped together, with the most recent event displaying in the default row. By clicking on the Expand button, you can see previous prescriptions or filled events for that specific medication.
Note: In order to keep repeat prescriptions and filled medications in one location, the entire group will either be placed under Recent or Historical. For example, if the default row was prescribed or filled within the past 90 days, the grouped medications will all be displayed in the Recent Medications table. If the default row was prescribed or filled over 90 days ago, the grouped medications will all be displayed in the Historical Medications table.